So, I was at the gym this morning, running my little heart out on the treadmill, and listening to the news, when something came on that troubled me. There is a new nominee for the secretary of health and human services, Kathleen Sebelius. She's from Kansas, and she's also very pro-choice.
The most troubling thing about this woman is who her supporters are. It seems she forgot to mention about $23,000 that was donated to her by a very controversial abortion doctor, George Tiller, who performs many late-term abortions, on babies that were perfectly healthy.
You can read more about it here:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/13/hhs-nominee-gov-kathleen-sebelius-lowballed-abortion-doctors-donations/ (sorry, my link button doesn't work.), or just google kathleen Sebelius.
As they were talking about the abortions this man has performed, I was nearly in tears in the middle of my workout. As a human being and more importantly, as a mother, this is unfathomable. We cannot let someone who is accepting of this, and even supportive of it, to become the head of health and human services. It's awful enough that our President is accepting of it.
I don't know if there is anything that can really be done at this point, but the senate should be voting, or confirming her nomination on April 20th, so please go here: http://www.all.org/kathleen_sebelius.php, and sign this petition, it's the least we can do.
I'm sorry, this is an unusal post for me, but it's so troubling to me, that in the name of women being able to be in charge of their own bodies, we are rationalizing murder. No happy note to end on here, but if you find anything else that we can do, please leave me a comment and let me know.
"How can it be that the most wondrous and sacred human space - the womb - has become a place of unutterable violence?" - Pope Benedict XVI
4.14.2009
More than a little troubling
Posted by April at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I too am so disturbed by this. Good for you for posting this. I will be sure to visit you links. I think we need raise our voices. Here is a quote that I find meaningful- "Any country that accepts abortion, is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what it wants." -MOTHER TERESA
I will be visiting that link as soon as I am done commenting.
I heard is say once that women want the right to have the choice to have a child (thus abortion), but that they already made the choice the day they decided to have sex.
So sad that our country has become so tolerant of murder.
Wow, thank you for posting this, I had no idea. I felt my eyes fill with tears as I read it, thinking especially about my brand new baby and how very much I already felt I knew her in the second half of pregnancy. How could someone do that, I have no idea. You have really done your research, and I will go to the link to sign the petition right away. Good for you for doing this.
On a fun note, your pics of the shower were awesome! I am more than impressed as always at your endless talent. You amaze me, my friend. What I admire so much about you is how much you use your talents to make other people happy! I am sure that is why Heavenly Father keeps blessing you with more and more creativity....He knows how much you bless all of us with it. If you have a boy next and I get to throw you a shower, I will have to get all my ideas from you....is that tacky?
Hey April,
Here is a comment for the last couple of posts...
First of all thanks for posting about this very important issue. I cannot help but notice the change of attitude towards LIFE that is being accepted thru out our country! It is really unnerving! I believe that with posts like yours we can still make a difference! So thanks again for sharing!
On a lighter note! You are absolutely so creative and talented! Your sister in law is so lucky to have you on her "TEAM"! I loved all of your creations!
Love,
Mindy
Post a Comment