4.13.2009

McKay Madness

This past weekend, the Williams sister-in-laws all got together to throw our other sister-in-law, Jamie, a baby shower. Actually, it was a co-ed shower, so it was for her and her hubby. Since their having their first boy, we did a basketball theme, and if I do say so myself, I thought it all went quite well.

There were yummy cupcakes, salads, hoagies, fruit, nuggets, and even wings. We had boys there, so we wanted to be prepared with the food. Everything was blue and orange, the blue was in honor of Greg's favorite college team, Duke. We also played a couple of fun games, a diaper toss, and a free throw contest. Luckily, Kevin's parents have a half court basketball court right in their yard, it was the perfect setting.

I think Jamie enjoyed it, and we tried to throw in some fun girlie stuff for her, but I suppose she had better get used to having some of the boy stuff around, right? It was tons of fun to put together, what can I say, I'm a sucker for parties!
Some of the food, and the picture I made for McKay's room. If you can't tell, that's a picture of Jamie's belly, "painted" to look like a basketball.

Here's a close up of the photo, what do ya think? Does the paint look real? I had to work on photoshop for a bit to make it look alright, kinda fun what you can do with a little editing!

Look at these two! Britt and Brett, so excited for their very own tickets to the shower! :) I made tickets that we handed out to everyone, and then we did a drawing. If we drew your number, you got a chance to make a freethrow, and if you did, you won a prize. Now if I had really been on top of it, I would have sent the tickets to them with the invite.
The fun basketball centerpieces for the tables.
Some of the drinks, we removed all the labels and added a customized "McKay" label. We had water and orange and blue gatorade, yum yum!

A close up of the tickets

And some more food, can't beat a great buffet, right?

The McKay pennant.

We had tons of fun doing this, and now we just can't wait to meet the little guy!

18 comments:

ShelleyG said...

April!! You are AMAZING!! Your creativity is so great!! I wish you lived here so I could hire you to put a party on for me--I'm not having any more babies, but I would just consider it if you would throw me a shower! :)

Sunnie said...

honestly april you should go into catering. i would totally hire you. that is the cutest most creative shower stuff i have seen in a long time.

Aubree said...

So cute! I wish I had an ounce of your talent.

Xana said...

A very manly baby shower, clever and cute. And yes, you do have an amazing husband, and you yourself are very amazing. You're exploding with talent.

Whidget said...

WOW--We haven't ever met--I am one of Kevin's friends from HS back in Sugar Land, but WOW. He sent me a link to your blog and I have been blog stalking you! You're SO CUTE! That's got to be the best shower I have ever seen, especially knowing the Williams family! I am so happy for Greg and Jamie! :-)

Bridget (Stuckey) Baker

Whidget said...

Oh and I forgot to say the b-ball belly shot was great! So creatuve and so cute!

Bridget

Anonymous said...

Okay, I knew I should have waited to just steal your pics off your blog b/f posting on mine. :) Either that or I just need to open my Photoshop and get to work. :)
Again, THANK YOU for the most amazing baby shower!! I know you worked so hard... it showed and I appreciate you so much. Everyone can't stop talking about how great it turned out... me included! :) You are amazing April! Love ya!

Melanie said...

You did an amazing job with the shower! You are so stinking talented with photoshop and your party planning! I tried to advertise for you on my site, so hope some people come to you for some business!
Again, you did an amazing job with the shower..
It was great to finally meet you!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

wow! that's about all I can say...I'm speechless!

Eric and Jill said...

So you are probaby tired of hearing this but WOW! You are so creative. And even if I was able to think of even half of what you did, I don't think I'd be able to put it all together! So amazing!

Unknown said...

this party is FANTASTIC! I love it! great colors, great theme, super cute details...and awesoe photos!I saw it on Creative Parties and had to come comment :)

I have 3 girls also (each 2 years apart)...too fun!


oh- love the easter dresses too...

jessica said...

This whole theme is SO SO cute! And every detail is consistent. So fun! I love the co-ed shower idea and good work on preparing more than just "chick" food.

Tara Steinle said...

Hi! This is such a cute baby shower! Prepare to be excited, we'd like to feature it too! Can someone email me please at editor @ babylifestyles.com to talk about it further.
You do great work!

Totally Tolers said...

Was the baby belly pic, your inspiration for the whole thing? What a great party... I just love that it's not the traditional baby colors.

Mills Family said...

WOW!!!! I don't know what else to say except that you are amazing. Could you throw Shyanne a party for her 9th birthday. You should definitely go into catering or party planners. You would do awesome. What a cute theme and the belly looking like a basketball is amazing.

jeannie said...

can i somehow purchase the label for the water bottles? my sons bday is saturday and i'm in a pinch. his first initial is M and so it would work out perfectly. if you had a banner template, i might consider buying that as well. i'd need the pdf so i can print at home without waiting for shipping. let me know what you can hook me up with.

thanks.
email me at sanpakitj@hotmail.com

Young Wife said...

Found you through Tip Junkie. This is adorable! Love your blog background, too.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the tickets from??? I love that idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...