4.15.2011

The things they say

I just had to jot this little tidbit down, I love my kids!:)

Me: "Peyton, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Peyton: "I want to be nice to my kids. Like if they do something mean, I won't get them in trouble."

Not what I was expecting, but okay, we'll go with it.

Me: "Oh, is that what I do, get you in trouble?"
Peyton: "Yeah, I don't like it."
Me: "So how will you teach them to stop being mean?"
Peyton: "I'll just tell them not to do it."
Me: "Oh, well, do you stop when I tell you to?"
Peyton: "No"
Me: "So if it doesn't work for you, what if it doesn't work for your kids?"
Peyton: "I'll just ask them to stop."
Me: "But what if they don't?"
Peyton: "They will." pause "But I won't get mad at them if they don't"

Peyton: "Actually, I don't want kids"

3 comments:

Logan said...

At least she can follow her reasoning to its logical conclusion.

Allie said...

Oh my that is HILARIOUS!!!! Love that girl!

Eric and Jill said...

She is so funny! I love her thought process!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...