It was so beautiful outside today, so after dinner we all went out to enjoy the fresh air. Kevin and Halli rode their bikes and I took the two younger girls in the jogging stroller. I wore a tank top for our little run, and when we got back we took the girls straight upstairs for baths. As I was bathing Lexie, I was looking in the mirror, and since I was sleeveless, noticed that I had a little more arm than I wish I had. So I said to Kevin, "My arms are fat!" This was instantly followed by a little girls voice saying, "My legs are fat." She put me in my place, we then had a discussion about our "guns" and how strong we all are and how amazing our bodies are.
I am an example, and I have a wonderful body that lets me take care of these three precious children. I need to remember that. I'm just thankful that Halli put me in my place now, so that I can be more aware of just how much they listen to my every word, and just how much I can exaggerate things. I hope that I can teach them just how amazing they are and how precious their bodies are. (My mom did teach me this, but when you're skin and bones as a kid, it's hard to come to the realization that you now have to work at being skinny.) I know I'm not fat, I just wish there was a little less of me to love!:)
2.18.2009
Put in my place
Posted by April at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I could have written this post word for word. I have had that happen to me and try to be careful what I say and do but it is hard!
But don't worry your arms are not fat!!
Thanks for the reminder. I think it's good to remember that just because I look differnt from what I looked like in High School doesn't mean that i'm fat, and that I need to be obsessed with it.
Kids are great at reminding us! But that is funny that Halli would think her legs are fat?! What a goof.
Post a Comment