With Halli being older and REALLY anticipating christmas this year, I decided to put together a little advent. She loves to read stories (or have them read to her, she's getting better at reading, but not quite ready to read full books), so I did a christmas story advent. I spent alot of time in November looking for cute christmas books that were also kinda cheap. I think we only had 2 to start with and needed 22 more, so they couldn't be too pricey. Luckily, I found some good deals, and wrapped all of them, added the date when they were to be read and put them under the tree. So far, the girls love it, and look forward to unwrapping a present every night. It also gives us some fun family time before bed, since normally just one of us reads the story to them in their beds. It's been fun, and is definitely an easy tradition that we'll be doing every year now!
12.04.2008
Christmas Advent
Posted by April at 5:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
April, you're always the crafty one no matter what time of year it is! The tree skirt is awesome! And the book idea is a fun one! Thanks again for dealing with some messy undies the other day...I owe you one!
i love your tree! it is beautiful! and fun idea. i think nicole does that too.
I love your skirt. I have heard of that idea. I think I will do it next year! Maybe I can get some books on clearance after Christmas! :)
your tree is gourgeous!!! i love the book idea! maybe ill do it for my grandkids next year! you probably figured id say that!!!
Beautiful tree and tree skirt!!!! Can I hire you!?! You are so talented!!!!! I LOVE the book idea, too. Oh, and by the way, I also LOVE the pics. fantastic.
You are a crafty gal. Now I know whos brain to pick for ideas. :)
I've done it with the 12 days of Christmas but never thought about using the books as an advent. What a great idea! Love it!!! I have a handful of Christmas books but not that many so maybe we'll have to add some this year.
I love your tree too. We still have a ghetto tree that I had when I was single. Some day we'll upgrade to a taller, fuller tree.
Love the skirt! You did a great job! Can't wait to see the stockings and Christmas dresses. The book idea is so fun. My sister does that with her kids and it is something I look forward to doing with mine in the years to come. She told me to wait until after Christmas and I may be able to find some for cheap. Did you find some pretty good prices?? If so, where did you find them?
I got most of the books at garden ridge and big lots, and I didn't pay more than $3 at either place! good luck finding some!
That's such a great idea. Christmas stories are my favorite part of Christmas time. What a great tradition to start!
What a fabulous idea! I love that tradition! And...props on your tree skirt! That is so pretty!! I love those colors together!!
Ok April....how tall is that tree? It is amazing. Christmas Trees are one of my favorite things about Christmas. Your's is amazing.
I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.
Merry Christmas.
Love,
Mindy
What a cool tree! I love your tree skirt! I'm feeling inspired to bust out the ol sewing machine! ;) Well, maybe next year! You are so talented and resourceful.
Post a Comment