6.10.2008

Book of the day

In an effort to stave off summer boredom, which Halli already has, as she has told me more than once that we have a boring house, I'm starting a book of the day. I saw this on someone else's blog, they would read one book that day and then do a craft that went with the book. I thought that looked fun and fairly easy to do, so we started today and our first book was "Ten little ladybugs." Then we made our own ladybug hats with antenna. The girls both enjoyed this, and I think Peytons favorite part was the glue and then tearing her hat apart after we took pictures. Oh well, at least it kept them happy and occupied for a little while.


The girls showing off their hard work, they really did have fun, even though they don't look like it in the picture.

Halli reading the book to Peyton.

Peyton looking cute as always.

Reading together. Halli has always been a bookworm and reading is one of her favorite things to do. Peyton on the other hand is just starting to be interested in books. I have always loved to read as well and hope this is something the girls can learn to love and enjoy doing forever.

5 comments:

Xana said...

And what do you do if you read more than one book aday? Cute idea, we will have sooo much fun. Any ideas for dinosaur books? :)

Aubree said...

Great idea! May have to steal that. But maybe just once a week! Hailee is not a huge reader so I am trying this summer to get her more interested. She is but I have to remember to read too! Sometimes things get so busy! You have great ideas!

Kate said...

Cute idea!!! Cute pictures of your beautiful girls too!!!! We did a bug themed craft today too. I saw it on someone's blog. They made paint fingerprints on the paper and then drew in faces, antennas and wings. Ty and Chase really enjoyed it.

April said...

Kate, I've seen that done before, it looks so cute, I bet the girls would love it too. We'll have to try it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea...I'll hav eto borow that one. But I'm thinking just once a week...I can't imagine the messes Kylie will make with the craft. :) So, once a week is good with me. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...