2.08.2009

The Party!!!

I saw the cutest idea one day for a "candy bar" or candy buffet. I thought it looked like the most fun thing ever, and just needed an excuse to do it. So I told my friend Allie, that if she ever had a baby girl, I was going to throw her a shower and I was going to do a candy buffet, cause she's the one person I know who loves sweets as much as I do. Well, she's due in about a month with her little baby girl, and saturday I got to throw her a little party!


I had the most fun putting it all together! I got to buy loads of candy and play with photoshop tons! The only thing that could have made it better was if someone else footed the bill...oh well, it was well worth it. It turned out wonderful, and she had lots of people show up to "shower" her with fun girly things. I also had so much help from people in the ward and Allie's family, so I was able to focus on all the fun stuff that I love, and they helped pull it all together.

The "candy bar"

yummy cupcakes, and a homemade stand, thanks Sean for cutting it all out for me!

The mantel, it says "isabelle"



Some hershey's chocolate bars with custom wrappers, they say "isabelle" as well.

So, thanks Allie for letting me do this for you, and huge thanks to her family for letting me take over! Huge thanks to my sister as well, she helped me out with Lexie and the girls this week while I tried to get everything put together. Luckily Lexie was a little drugged up and sleeping lots this week so I was able to get alot done. I had tons of fun and can't wait to do another candy buffet for a birthday party down the road, my girls seem to have as big of a sweet tooth as I do, although, that's probably not a good thing.

14 comments:

Carol Beck said...

i have that sweet tooth too and it doesn't serve me well with my weight but you seem to have that under control! you have such wonderful ideas! where DO you get them all?

Anonymous said...

Everything turned out so good!! You did a great job... as always my talented friend. :) Looking forward to seeing the Candy Land candy bar. :)

Tisha said...

The party was SO adorable and very elegant as well! And Kenna was so excited when I brought a little bag full of treats for her to try! Thanks for the fun morning.

123 checkoutourfamily said...

You did an AWESOME job! I love the homemade cupcake stand. How cute. Everything was way cute and it was a fun shower.

Brayden was thrilled to see a bag of treats.

Sunnie said...

the shower was so awesome! you should get paid to do all that cute stuff! it really turned out so great.

Allie said...

You have no idea how special you made me feel as you "treated" me and little Isabelle to unquestionably the best baby shower ever. I have always known you are one talented girl, and I must say it is so fun to be on the receiving end of all that talent! Your girls are so lucky to grow up with that special April touch on everything you do or make for them. They will always feel loved, I know I did. You made the shower so personal with all your custom touches, that only you would think of. And to think that you did this all during a very difficult week makes me feel pretty spoiled! Thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. Not everyone is blessed enough to have a friend like you!

cory and tara said...

That is THE CUTEST shower I have ever seen! You are so talented. Also, I just caught up on your blog and read about your baby's hip. :( so sad. Hope she's doing better.

Kate said...

Wow...the baby shower decor/candy buffet looked fantastic!!!!

Can you fly out to Cali to decorate for mine? (sorry, that isn't an announcement) :)

Brittany said...

Looks so yummy April, Thanks for getting the pix up so that I can see the finished product. Make sure you save me some yummmy candy!

scraphappymama said...

Seriously, that was the fanciest baby shower I have been too. You did a great job. You are a very talented lady!!

I agree with Sunnie - you could totally go into business doing showers!!

Ash said...

I'm planning on hiring you someday for some kind of party I'm going to throw. It was awesome.

Lisa Allen said...

I am so sad I missed it. It sounds like it was a great succses. I hope the drink worked out I am just relizing that I forgot to give the black berrys to stacy I am sorry. I owe you one. I am not usally so forgetfull but I did get caught up in the packing and forgot.

Aubree said...

Very Cute! We did a very similar thing for my SIL's shower a few weeks ago! The theme was Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice.... It was so fun!

I wish you lived closer to tutor me on photoshop.

jessica said...

What?! That stand is "homemade"? It's amazing! I love that. Better get my hubby to help with this project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...